top of page

Operate within the law 

When we decide to come to Ukraine, we have to remember that the country has a government in place and it's our job to follow rules and help Ukraine thrive during this dire time. 

Our free resources will guide you through processes such as obtaining a Visa, getting your Temporary Residency Permit (TRP), and opening your NGO in Ukraine!

If you need more help, our legal team will be happy to help you. 

How can we help you?

I'm an independent volunteer and I want to know if I need a visa.


I'm a team and I want to become a regi​stered NGO in Ukraine.


Do I need a visa?

Citizens from many countries can enter Ukraine visa-free for 90 days within a 180-day window.

You can check if you need a visa or not accessing this list.

If you are a journalist, current legislation allows you to stay visa-free during and until 30 days after the Martial Law has been lifted. (Only properly accredited foreign press has this benefit).


Do I need to open an NPO?

The short answer is no. If you are coming to join an NGO, to work, study or visit, there is no need to open your own (unless you want to).

If you run an operation on the ground, you should consider opening a non-profit to safely continue working in Ukraine.


I overstayed. What do I do?

If you overstayed your visa, the proper procedure is to go to the Migration Office, present your passport and pay the fine (they might only give you a warning!).

Not sure if you overstayed? You can check here.

I need a visa for myself.

If you already checked here to see whether you need a visa or not, now it's time to get all documents ready!

*Remember, if you already stayed your 90 days with a tourist/private visa, you now need to apply for a new visa to legally stay in the country.

1. D-10 Visa Requirements

2. Visa Fees

3. How long will my visa take?

4. Temporary Residency Permit


1. D-10 Visa

Volunteer Visa

D-10 is the most common visa for volunteers, and you probably will have to apply for this type of visa.

For other types of visas, please access the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Ukraine.


D-10 visas are valid for 90 days, during which you are expected to apply for the Temporary Residency Permit. The deadline to apply for a TRP is 15 business days before the expiration date of your D-10 visa.

Visa Requirements

According to Ukraine’s Visa Rules, all applicants should provide the following documents to apply for your visa:

1. Passport/travel document which should comply with these requirements:

  • be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from Ukraine;

  • have at least 2 pages free from any visas/marks/stamps;

  • be issued for no more than 10 years.

2. Printed and signed visa application form; 

3. 1 applicant’s photo (35x45 mm);

4. Travel insurance with at least 30.000 euros coverage;

Pro-tip: there are many types of insurance available in Ukraine, including insurance with war coverage. Choose wisely!

Pro-tip: check your credit card for possible travel insurance.

Pro-tip: insurance policy must cover the 90 days of stay.

5. Proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of stay 

Pro-tip: the amount you need to prove can vary, but make sure to have between 6-10k dollars.

Pro-tip: an organization may state that they are the ones financially responsible for you. Bring the original letter!

Pro-tip: make sure the document proving funds has your name and the amount on the same page.

6. Paid visa fee receipt (unless stipulated otherwise by Ukraine’s legislation or Ukraine’s international treaty).

Pro-tip: the consulate will issue a document for you to go to their partner bank and pay. Bring cash in the local currency, preferably, or dollar/euro. 

7. Invitation letter from NGO.

Pro-tip: invitation letter is only valid if the organization is registered on this list. Don't forget to check!

Pro-tip: don't forget to bring the original copy.

8. Online registration and appointment booking. 

Pro-tip: when picking a date for your appointment, make sure you choose a "Consulate", since Embassies do not issue visas. 

2. Visa Fees

Visas may have different prices depending on country of origin, type of visa, and if you want an emergency or regular process (i.e. visa ready on the same day or not).

Regular: 65$

Expedited: 130$


Regular: 65$

Expedited: 65$

United States

Regular: 65$

Expedited: 130$


Regular: 0$

Expedited: 0$


Regular: 385$

Expedited: 770$


Regular: 333$

Expedited: 666$

United Kingdom

Regular: 0$

Expedited: 0$


Regular: 65$

Expedited: 130$

The Netherlands

3. How long will my visa take?

If all your documents are in order, a regular visa can take up to 10 business day to be issued, while the expedited usually takes less than a couple hours

4. Temporary Residency Permit

Coming soon. 

I want to open a non-profit.


Having your non-profit can be an important step toward growing your operation. Once you establish a legal entity you can:

1. Apply for funds

2. Partner with other organizations

3. Issue volunteer invite letters

4. Represent your organization legally

We are working on this content and it will be available soon! 

bottom of page